Holy September, Batman! Even though summer has come to an end, we want to keep the glow going through the fall season. How? Keep reading and we'll show you! Enjoy!
Makeup Artist Jacqueline Menconi
Wow. There were so many new products that I got to play with for this month's look! LOVED them all!
First, I cleansed my skin with the newly launched Lumiere de Vie Micellar Cleanser. An all-in-one, waterless cleanser that gently removes makeup and purifies skin with no need to rinse or scrub. Scientifically designed with micelle molecules that lift dirt, makeup and impurities on contact, this advanced formula cleanses and conditions without clogging pores, making it the perfect choice for all skin types. Um, hello! No need to wash it off? YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
Next, I spritzed my face with the Skintelligence pH Normalizer and allowed it to soak in for a moment. After that, I applied my still FAVORITE serum, Lumiere de Vie's Serum Concentrate and waited another moment for it to sink in and do its job, which is to promote healthy skin collagen for firmer-looking skin, while reducing the appearance of fine lines, delivering extreme radiance, clarity and renewal. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
After my Serum Concentrate, I applied my Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Day Creme & Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Eye Creme, both of which I have given me incredible improvements in the overall texture of my skin.
Nine times out of ten I do my eyes first and this look was no different. I started with a very sheer application of Motives Eye Base primer from lash line to brow bone. I've mentioned this before, but you only need the tiniest amount of this product! If you can see it then you've put too much on. After the base, I dusted Motives Timeless eye shadow in the crease as a very light transition shade and to start the building of my eye contour. Next, I packed on Motives Limitless eye shadow all over the lid. This is a deep, rich green color and I adore it! I enjoy playing with color, but this should really be considered a neutral shade. I'm positive that anyone can wear it successfully. It's gorgeous and the finish is fab! To create a tad more drama to the look, I added a bit of the matte medium brown shade in the Motives Element Palette to the crease and then the matte black shade from that same palette to the outer V area. I blended both of those colors out with Timeless again. What a smooth transition! Up next was applying that matte black from the Element Palette as my eye liner both on top (creating a wedge on the outside) and half way in on the bottom lash line. Before moving on to my face, I dabbed a tiny bit of the lightest shimmer shade in the Element Palette into my tear ducts for a more wide eyed effect. I then curled my lashes and applied one coat of Motives for La La Volumizing and Lengthening Mineral Mascara.
Baby, I am so thankful for my custom blend kit! I ran out of the custom bend liquid foundation the day before I took these photos and actually whipped up a new bottle LIVE on Facebook in my VIP group. If you'd like to tune in next time I go live, search for "Flawless Faces - A Flawless By JM Group" on Facebook.
Anyway, so I whipped up a new bottle for myself and that's what I used in this look. I put my primer into the bottle (because it's customized!) so there was no need for me to add it as another step in this look. Even though I was breaking out around my jaw line (we all go through it), I did not need to apply concealer. My custom blend took care of everything! After that, I lightly applied the Motives 3-in-1 Contour, Bronze and Highlight Kit to key areas of my face. The contour shade was lightly swiped in the hollows of my cheeks, the bronzer was dusted in a butterfly shape around my face to add warmth, and the matte highlight was applied to the cheek bones and a bit under my eyes. Afterward, I chose Motives Pinch Me blush as the color of the day, which is a matte neutral peachy shade. To top it off, I got to use the brand new Motives Shimmer Powder in BOMBSHELL as the start of the show! It fan brushed this gorgeous highlighter onto my cheek bones and at my cupid's bow to enhance my lip shape.
For the lips I kept it super simple. No liner, no lip treatment, just Motives All Day Liquid Stick in the color Sultry. This is my perfect nude shade. I don't have the coloring (or taste, quite frankly) for the very beige or light "nude" shades that have become popular over the last few years. They wash me out and make me look ill. This color, Sultry, gives me a natural and nude-like effect, but with it looking appropriate and flattering to my skin tone and preferences. It lasts for hours and is not at all drying. Like most Motives products, a little goes a LONG long long way. I've had the same tube since it came out last year and I use it almost every day.
Makeup Artist Rachel Jones
Have fun with this dreamy fall look, featuring some of the new Motives Products!
For the face, prep the skin with the new Lumiere De Vie Poor minimizing serum. This serum works to instantly blurt in perfection and reduce the appearance of pores. I followed this serum with the motives perfection complexion primer, to make sure my foundation stays all day. I then applied the Tender Beige Motives Liquid Mineral Powder Foundation.
I started with Eye Base for my eyes, and buffed it into my eyelids with a round shaped brush. I've been applied Whipped Cream in the inner third of my eye and Vintage Glam on the remainder of my mobile eyelid. I put Love Me in the eye crease and then took the new Illusion Eyeshadow in Perception to create a dramatic V on my outer eye. I rimmed my waterline with the new kohl pencil in Bare - I love how that brightens my eye! For eyeliner, I used the new Illusion Eyeshadow in Perception on my top lash line spraying with the Motives 10 years younger Makeup Setting Spray to create a soft liquid liner. I then used the new Illusion Eyeshadow in Limitless to line my lower lash line just under my natural lashes. I finished my eye look with the HD mascara in Onyx.
I then set my face with the Translucent Setting Powder in Light and applied the new Shimmer Powder in Starshine on the top of my cheek bone. I added Pinch Me to the apples of my cheek and a bit of the contour colour from the 3-in-1 Palette to create my cheeks.
I used She's A Doll Liquid Matte Lipstick to create my perfect pout and set everything with a dozen or so sprays of the 10 Years Younger Makeup Setting Spray. Cause, why not?!
Makeup Artist Leigh Raeder
For this month's look, I wanted to incorporate the "I Am Motives" Campaign. I have been meeting with women, and teaching them how to care for their skin and giving them makeup lessons. Before we get started, I have them write a positive word to describe themselves, and I use this for their before picture. I LOVE celebrating women and I also LOVE showing them how amazing and beautiful they are.
My sister-in-law, Jenny, is my model. She is a beautiful person inside and out, and is one of the most patient people I know. Her day job is a special education teacher. She's trendy and loves to try new things with her makeup, so I choose to do an "I Am Rebel" Look using some of our newly launched products.
I had her cleanse her face with Lumière de Vie® Micellar Cleanser, followed with Lumiere de Vie Toner and the new Super Crème.
I applied Invisiline under her eye area to brighten and Motives Eye Base to her entire lid.
I used the Motives "Party Weapon" palette to create a bold smokey eye. I Applied "Nuvo" to her crease and packed it onto her mobile lid. I applied "Flash" to the outer corner and "Luminous" to the inner corner. I lined her upper lid with Motives Gel Eyeliner-Little black Dress and continued to her bottom lid filling in her waterline. I smudged "Nuvo" along the lashline.
Her foundation is Motives Liquid Mineral-Vanilla Cream, I applied Motives Long Wear Concealer-Light Yellow Undertone under her eyes and blended into her foundation.
I used the Motives 3 in 1 Contour Kit by applying the contour powder to the hallow of her cheeks. Motives Pressed Blush-Runway to her cheeks. I added Motives Shimmer Powder-Starshine to create a glow on the top of her cheek bones.
I filled in her brows with Motives Waterproof Brow Pencil-Dark Brown. Motives for LaLa Mineral Mascara-Black really brought out her lashes.
For her lips, I used All Day Liquid Stick Matte-Blackberry in the outer corners and filled in the middle with "Dragon Fruit"
I set her face with Motives 10 Years Younger Setting Spray to ensure her makeup lasts for 16 hours.
Makeup Artist Kinley Kay
Let's get that glow going!
Started with the new Micellular cleanser for a nice smooth canvas.
Pore minimizing serum worked wonders for my skin and as a primer!
Motives eye base brightened, concealed and prepped my eyes.
I contoured my eyes with Deep End eye shadow and also lined my lower liner with this shadow.
Antique Pink covered the center of my lid while adding pop with Star Shine Shimmer by MOTIVES!
Skipped eye liner on my upper lid so I could focus on that SHIMMER! ;)
Used mineral liquid foundation in Linen for a flawless canvas and set with translucent finishing powder.
The Blush Bronzer duo gave life to my cheeks!
Star Shine Shimmer gave me that healthy skin, diva glow!!! Obsessing!!!! Also used as a brow and lip highlight.
Contoured my brows with 3-in-1 brow kit and adding the warm red color in the Demure palette to match my ginger hair ;)
My lips are covered in Rust N Roll liquid matte and kissed with Debutante lip gloss and Star Shine Shimmer in the center!
Looooooving this look on my clients. So healthy and fresh and just enough drama to feel like a diva. Happy September!
Makeup Artist Monina Wright
Had the privilege of styling this beauty for her latest Blog #thefashoinisha. Got to use some new favorites
1. Prepped skin with skintelligence pH toner
2. Applied our new Pore minimizer from the Lumiere skincare line
3. Used the Supreme cream foundation in light/medium
4. Brightend under her eyes with the lightest shade of the Light Quad and set with the Light Translucent powder
1. Contoured her cheek bones with my favorite powder contour kit
2. Applied Diva blush and Miami Glow on apples of her cheeks
3. Created a luminous glow by applying Motives Shimmer Powder in Godess
1. Used cream shadow in Brown Sugar to create my cut crease above the natural crease line
2. Applied Motives Eye Illusions Eyeshadow in Prescription to darken the cut crease
3. Added drama by placing the Eye Illusions Eyeshadow in Limitless as the outer contour color
4. Finished her dramatic eyes by applying lashes and a winged liner with Little Black Dress gel liner
1. Used a stiff lip brusht o line her lips with Revel Me Matte Lippies
2. Filled lips with Daddy's Girl Mattte Lippie
3. Applied a touch of my favorite Mineral Gloss in Preciousa
Makeup Artist Rachel Lorraine
1. Skintelligence pH Normalizer – sprayed generously all over face
2. Cellular Laboratories® De-Aging Body Balm – applied with fingertips, applied generously all over face and neck
3. Lumiere De Vie Needle Free Serum – Applied with finger tips, concentrated application on forehead (I got creases ya’ll!) between brows, around eyes and mouth
4. Cellular Laboratories® De-Aging Eye Creme– Applied with finger tips around eyes
1. Motives Eye Base – applied with flat eye brush all over lid (from brow to lash line)
2. Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Timeless applied all over the lid with a fluffy eyeshadow brush, to set the base
3. Motives Pressed Eyeshadow in: Naitive from the Element palette blended all over the mobile lid. Then using a flat eye shadow brush I applied the new Motives Illusion eyeshadow in the color Perception all over the mobile lid, slightly blending out with a fluffy brush. Also used this to smoke out the under eye.
4. Brow Kit – used the darkest color
5. Lustrafy Mascara in Black for bottom lashes (lashes are Vegas Nay)
6. Motives® Waterproof Eye Pencil – Applied to lower water line
7. Motives Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation in Vanilla Cream applied with a foundation brush and then I wet our blending sponge with 10 Years Younger Spray and blend it out
8. Motives Color Perfection Quad in light, used the darkest color (bottom left) to cover up dark under eye circles, blending out with the damp blending sponge, then go in with the 2 colors on the right to highlight under the eye, down the center of the nose and center of chin, again blending out with the damp blending sponge
9. Motives Translucent Loose Powder in Light , with a different (clean & dry) blending sponge set the under eye, nose and chin area with the powder. I apply this very lightly
10. Motives® 3n1 contour Kit - Used to contour cheek bones and brighten up under eye area
11. Motives® for La La Mineral Blush in Socialite & Pinch Me (blended)- with a dome brush on the apples of the cheeks
12. Motives 10 Years Younger Makeup Setting Spray, sprayed generously all over face
13. Motives Shimmer Powder in Bombshell applied to top of the cheek bone, down the center of the nose, inner corner of eyes and just under the brow bone
1. Motives® 40FY® Lip Treatment
2. Motives All Day Liquid Matte in Black Berry
Makeup Artist Jennifer Halma
For this months collaboration we incorporated the new Motives eyeshadows and the new powder shimmers. I am loving this look for fall and think even this bold lip shade can be romantic.
I prepped my skin with motives complexion perfection primer
Custom blended foundation
Blush in Motives by Lala in bossy
Cheekbones: Motives Cosmetics shimmer highlight in Stardust
Motives Cosmetics Eye Base
I took the new pressed powder in Limitless
I brushed Perception on the lower lid with an angled brush. Lined the eyes with Motives precision liner in black and Motives for Lala lengthening mascara in black over the lashes.
The new Motives cosmetics liquid lip in Blackberry.
Hope this inspires your fall routine!