Here in New Jersey it's COOOOOOLD! There's snow on the ground, the frigid wind burns my face, and my skincare game has CHANGED. The girls and I are bringing you some ideas to get your face out of that winter funk. Enjoy!
Makeup Artist - Jacqueline Menconi
So here's the deal, people. My skin gets DRYYYYYYYYYYYY in the winter. For this months' collaboration, I am giving you my full fledged winter skincare and super simple makeup routine. I hope you find it to be helpful!
1. Cleanse with Skintelligence Emulsion Cleanser
2. Lumiere de Vie Volcanic Exfoliating Mask
3. Use the MAGIC PADS aka Timeless Prescription Advanced Hydroxy Peel (LEGIT AF YOU GUYS)
4. Spritz Skintelligence pH Normalizer to balance levels again
5. PENTAXYL ALL OVER FACE AND NECK. This stuff not only makes your face feel like a tic tac, but it addresses a myriad of skin concerns. I love it.
6. Lumiere de Vie Serum Concentrate. I will never not use this product. It is a staple!
7. Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Eye Creme
8. Lumiere de Vie Super Creme all over face and neck
9. Apply custom blend liquid foundation where needed with finger tips
10. Curl lashes and get to lashin with the new Fiber Lush mascara!!!!
11. Apply 40FY lip treatment because it's the bomb!
It took me longer to take the pictures than it did to actually put all of this on my face, you guys. It was so so so so quick! Enjoy!!
Makeup Artist - Leigh Raeder
It's winter in Wisconsin...so that means I have to change my entire skincare routine! My oily skin becomes much drier in the winter, and my skin almost gets confused about the whole change. Not to mention my eating wasn't very good over the Holidays!
The entire month of December I used the Timeless Prescription Advanced Hydroxy Face Peel and Neutralizer to exfoliate & rejuvenate my skin, so now I have switched over to using the Lumiere de Vie Volcanic Mask twice a week. It is formulated to detoxify, and enhance skin's glow and dramatically improve tone and radiance. It is extremely important to exfoliate your skin on a regular basis.
I have been cleansing with the Timeless Prescription Exfoliating Cleanser & toning with the MDI Firming Activator followed with the Skintelligence Alpha 24 Triple Revitalizing Complex. And one of the most important things that women forget is...moisturizing my neck and décolleté with the Lumière de Vie Advanced Firming Neck Crème. It is an innovative crème that strengthens and smoothes the fragile skin along the neck and décolleté for a firmer, younger-looking appearance.
For my look today I started with my foundation-Motives Liquid Mineral Powder-Vanilla Cream
To add some color, I applied Motives Shimmers-Goddess to the top of my cheek bones and added some glow with Motives-Shimmers-Starshine to the tip of my nose and on my cupid's bow to make my lips more pouty. ;)
And of course prepped my eyes with Motives Eye Base.
I wanted to go with a clean, simple look so I grabbed Motives Creme Shadow-Brown Sugar and applied it to my mobile lid. I blended it in to the crease with the orange color in the Motives for La La Court Mineral Eye Shadow Palette.
I wanted o have a bold cat eye, so I went with the smudge proof Motives Luxe Precision Eye Liner-Jet Black. It's so easy to use with the felt tip and it stays all day!
I curled my lashes then used my new favorite mascara-Motives Fiber Lush to lengthen.
I filled in my eye brows while keeping them natural with the Motives Eye Brow Kit
I used Motives Lip Pumice followed with Motives Vitamin E Lip Treatment to moisturize
Motives Matte Lipstick-Seduced
I finished my look by setting it with Motives 10 Years Younger
And if you are looking for an amazing intense body moisturizer, I LOVE using the Lumiere de Vie Intensive Hand & Body Creme
To detoxify my skin and body from the inside AND to get my eating back on track, I am starting next week-NutriClean 7-Day Cleanse. I like to do this cleanse twice a year to cleanse my liver and all of the toxins out of my body. This along with lots of water and fresh veggies makes my skin AMAZING!
Makeup Artist Kinley Kay
This month is all about skin prep and care! Winter is BRUTAL in the Midwest.
Starting with my fav....Micellular Cleanser for that soft skin cleanse. I used Vitashield eye cream all around my eyes to prep for a seamless concealer. Used my favorite hydrator to pack on the moisture, Cellular Laboratories hand and body cream (seriously, this is like a face lift!!). Sprayed 10 years younger to lock in the moisture.
This time of year is all about a subtle look and protecting my skin. I started with priming my eyes with the Motives eye base and used My Party Weapon to add sparkle and dimension.
I concealed my under eyes with Motives Concealer in light. For foundation I blended Cellular Laboratories hand and body cream with Liquid Mineral foundation in Linen. I love the extra hydration I get by mixing these two!!! Seriously life changer!!! Blushed up my cheeks with blush in Lush (all time fav...).
Created dimension in my brows with the one and only 3-in-1 brow kit. This time I dipped my brush in the wax first then powder color for more of a "pomade" look.
Gave my lashes a new life with FIBER LUSH by Motives!! Best mascara of life!! How did I survive without this??
My lips were completed with Mavens matte in Daddy's Girl and glossed with Glam! I added a little liquid gold glitter in my Cupid's bow of my lips for just a little extra pop!
Finished with some spritz of the 10 years younger and that's my typical winter regimen in the morning! Skin feelin so soft and smooth. ❤
Makeup Artist - Rachel Jones
Stop singing the winter blues, Motives has all your skin care needs, so you can have glowing skin, no matter the weather!
My beauty routine starts with the Skintelligence Hydra Derm Deep Cleansing Emulsion. It is a beautiful cleanser that cleans deep yet moisturizes, so my face doesn't feel stripped after cleansing. I follow once a week with the Lumiere de Vie Volcanic Exfoliating Mask. I put it on for at least 10 minutes, though I usually leave it way longer! When I rinse off, I use the grit to give myself a nice exfoliating massage. This mask detoxifies and improves the tone and radiance of my skin. Once a pat dry, I then use a cotton round to normalize my skin with the Skintelligence pH Normalizer. This is my winter toner, as it keeps my skin balanced and hydrated. I follow with the Lumiere de Vie Illuminating Fading Fluid, which brghtens my skin in these dull days. Next comes the Super Creme from Lumiere de Vie, which is LIFE. I love this cream, I use it morning and night and have noticed a huge difference in the softness and suppleness of my skin. I then moisturize my skin with Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Day Creme or De-Aging Creme, perfect for my skin in winter's harsh conditions. To keep the delicate skin around my eyes supple I use the Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Eye Creme. I finish off with the Pore Minimizing Serum from Lumiere De Vie before I use my custom blended winter foundation. This is how I love the skin I am in!
Makeup Artist - Jayme Kauth
So no one has perfect skin right? The trick is that we have to work with what we have, nd that doesn't mean your skin type when you were 17! As we age, our skin changes whether it be from hormones, change of the season, internal concerns or just using the wrong skin care products. Try not to overthink it, our skin is naturally supposed to function properly!
When you're consistent with thorough cleansing, exfoliation and hydration your skin will do exactly as it should! Personally, my skin changes per season as I live in Wisconsin and during those cool months the hydration is sucked from my skin whether it be from brisk weather or dry homes from heating. It is very normal to adjust skin care per season.
Because this collaboration is taking place during January you'll get to learn a little bit about my winter regimen; • I always start worth thorough cleansing! I do love this Lumiere de Vie cleanser as it contains lactic acid for brightening but it is also not stripping my skin. • At this point I am exfoliating fairly regularly to remove the dead skin so my other products can absorbed properly into new skin cells to prevent dehydration. Without question my exfoliation technique is timeless prescription alpha hydroxy peels, I am doing them 3 to 4 times a week right now. This is a product that you may need to acclimate your skin too, it is a chemical exfoliation which is great for all skin types! I feel everyone needs these! •After that I am toning, right now I am using the skintelligence PH normalizer. This amazing product will balance my pH after cleansing exfoliating, or anything else I may be doing! It is very important that your skin have the proper pH or it will upset everything else you have on your face. I also use this product is a make up setting spray quite often. •A product that I have been in love with it since it's release is the Lumiere de Vie illuminating fading fluid, as you can see in my photos I have quite red skin- this calms the redness and also contains hyauloronic acid which is highly hydrating! It is able to absorb it's weight in water 1000x which makes it the perfect thing to apply before moisturizing. This is also a fabulous product for people with more oily skin types, as for them it is still very important to hydrate and this is serum like texture vs a cream. • One of my last steps at this point would be the Lumiere de Vie Rejuvenation cream, I don't need much of this product to cover my entire face as it is highly concentrated! This is something that keeps my skin plump and supple and when my skin is healthy it continues produce healthy skin cells. Something not to overlook would be internal- our skin is our largest organ, and also acts as a huge filter. A product that I live by is the OPC-3 beauty blend, it contains major antioxidants that not only support my skin but other body systems. It was a product developed for people wanting all of the benefits from our original OPC-3 formula but with the added benefit for hair skin and nails, and boy does it work!
Makeup Artist - Nicki Hala
Let's be honest. I didn't think about skin care until I turned the big 3-5 and had a mini mid-life crisis! I've always been told I look younger than my age and I constantly get surprised looks and gasps from strangers when I tell them how old I am. All of this went straight to my head and I thought I didn't need to bother with skincare, but now that I'm in my mid-30s, reality sunk in and I couldn't rely on my good genetics forever!
My skincare routine is pretty straightforward. I like to wash my face with Skintelligence Hydra Derm Deep Cleansing Emulsion when I don't wear makeup or Lumiere De Vie Facial Cleanser when I do have makeup on. I then like to follow that up with the Lumiere De Vie toner, the Skintelligence pH Normalizer, then moisturize with the Skintelligence Daily Moisture Enhancer. At night, I like to use the Skintelligence Skin Perfecting Complex to hydrate my skin and then 1-2 times a week I use the Lumiere De Vie Volcanic Exfoliating mask to remove the impurities from my skin. I also like to exfoliate my lips with the lip pumice and then add moisture/hydration with the 40FY Lip Treatment. This routine has really helped rejuvenate my skin and I LOVE it!!
Makeup Artist - Ash Mac
1. Remove all your makeup with 1 single Motives makeup remove wipes 2. Wash face with warm water and Skintelligence® Hydra Derm Deep Cleansing Emulsion 3. Spray your face with Skintelligence® pH Skin Normalizer. Allow to dry for 30-60 seconds 4. Apply a thin layer of Lumière de Vie® Volcanic Exfoliating Mask all over your face. Be sure to avoid the eyes and mouth. Allow to dry 15-20 mins. Rince with warm water. 5. Spray the Skintelligence® pH Skin Normalizer over your face a 2nd time. Allow to dry for 30-60 seconds. 6. Dont forget to moisturize with Skintelligence® Daily Moisture Enhancer.
Makeup Artist - Sophia Chau Hoang
WInter in Canada is very extreme. My must-have for everyday skincare routine is Lumiere De Vie:
Toner : many of us make a big mistake of skipping this step without knowing it's an essential step in our routine, it helps to balance out the ph of our skin, to make the skin ready to absorb next products we will put on
- Concentrated Serum is my must have in winter, it locks in moisture and has anti-aging ingredients
Lumiere De Vie Eye balm with spatula and the stainless steel ball is my all time favourite
and I finish off with the Lumiere De Vie Face Cream
Lumiere De Vie Mask is my most favourite thing i've ever used. I mask once or twice a week, this special mask become an exfoliate when we wet it, i scrub more on my nose where i used to have blackheads. This has been helping my skin so much.
I'm lucky enough to have a pre-teen daughter who's also in love with all things beauty, she is learning how to take care of her skin also. Her favourite is ofcourse the one and only botanical line Skintelligence 3 steps: Clean - Tone - Moisturizer and also Mask once in a while.
We had a photo bomb is my 2nd daughter. :P
Makeup Artist - Jessi Jewel
With the very cold yet dry air here in northern California, my skin overall always tends to get a little more dry. While in other more specific areas of my face (around the mouth and nose) I get extremely dry and experience visibly flaking skin. So in order to combat that I switch up just a couple of products in my routine to exfoliate and hydrate, leaving my skin looking brighter, and slough off any dead flaking skin. My go-to skin care line that works absolutely incredible for my skin is the Skintelligence line which I still reach for every single day, but for my extremely dry areas with visibly flaking skin I have added in an even richer/heavier moisturizer which is the Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Creme in order to treat those extremely dry spots! This product is such an amazing product and just pumps those extremely dry areas full of hydration and my skin feels very soothed after using it.
* So first as always, I start with cleansing my skin using the Skintelligence Deep Cleansing Emulsion.
* Second, I spray the Skintelligence PH Skin Normalizer on a cotton pad (you can absolutely spray this product directly on your face but my eyes are a little more sensitive and tend to get irritated when I spray this directly on my face) and go over my whole complexion. This helps to further cleanse the skin removing any missed makeup, dirt, or oils.
* Third, for my day time routine I will apply all over my face (accept for the extremely dry areas) the Skintelligence Daily Moisture Enhancer. Then in my very dry spots I will apply the Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Creme. Applying this heavier moisturizer in those specific areas makes my complexion completely even and hydrated all over.
* The only thing I change about the third step when doing my night time routine, is instead of the Skintelligence Daily Moisture Enhancer Enhancer I now will use the Skintelligence Alpha 24 moisturizer. Why??? This product is has a pretty high percentage of glycolic acid. So since I do not use any abrasive scrubs on my face I need to exfoliate everyday somehow, so this product is my go-to ticket for keeping that top layer of dead skin off of my face as well as control and exfoliate the very dry flaky areas. It's almost like I'm getting a light chemical peel every night while I sleep, and I loooove chemicals so for me....AMAZING! Sometimes though, depending on how my skin is behaving that day, I may still at night put a little bit of that Cellular Laboratories De-Aging Creme on my troubled day areas if I am experiencing excessive dryness.
I also would love to share a quick, less than 10 minute makeup routine anyone can do for daytime (of course change up anything slightly in order to better suit you) that specifically focuses on a flawless, naturally glowing, and hydrated looking complexion. Also a very clean professional look which would work great for your work environment.
* So number one!! I always start with my daytime skincare prep routine which I stated above, to hydrate and prepare my skin for makeup. NEVER SKIP THIS STEP!
* Number two, in any specific areas that I have extremely dry skin, texture, or larger pores I apply the Complexion Perfection Face Primer to give a smoother appearance. I most importantly ONLY apply this product in the specific areas because this product is not oil free. So if I slather too much of this all over my face it can tend to give me too much oil since I have also changed my foundation to a creamier formula.
* Number three, since I changed up my skincare routine to combat my dryer skin I also do that in my makeup routine. I previously in the warmer months, always used the Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation because of it's very matte/powder looking finish. It is a dryer foundation though, so now for these winter months the Supreme Creme Foundation works much better due to it's creamier texture.
* Number four, brighten up your under eyes by dabbing or brushing a little concealer under the eyes. I love using the Liquid Correction Concealer in the, "Fair", shade again due to it's creamier texture. Any excess concealer left I will brush it all along my brow bone, and dab my inner and outer corners, to brighten and lift my eye area.
* Number 5, my FAVORITE product for getting that very natural glowing look. On my entire t-zone before powder, if you plan on using powder (I did not), I will apply the shimmer stick in the, "Moonlight", shade and blend it out with my fingers or a brush. Again this product is creamy which further adds to a hydrated looking complexion, I particularly love it's very natural look. I do not like my face to look like I put shiny metallic powder all over it but that's just me, if you love the very shiny look then GREAT go for it there is no wrong in makeup. ;)
* Number 6, to finish up the skin I applied on the apples of my cheeks (if you are unsure of the exact placement, then smile and those apples will pop right out) a custom blend mineral blush which I created for myself for a very natural, soft, rosie pink look on my cheeks. Why just blush?? If you are having troubles with your skin looking bright and alive....FIND YOUR PERFECT BLUSH! Just applying a great shade of blush and nothing else no bronzer no nothing, gives your face so much LIFE and brings a gorgeous brightness to your complexion!
* Finally, to compliment my newly perfected complexion which took just 5 minutes. I finish my look in the next 3 to 4 minutes by applying the Mineral Lip Shine in the, "Rose", shade, defined my brows with the Essential Brow Kit, and gave my lashes a generous coating of the new and amazing Fiber Lush Mascara!
NOW I'M READY TO TACKLE THE DAY!
Makeup Artist - Rachel Lorraine
How is it already January? Living in Northeast Ohio means, cold COLD winters. Cold winters mean dry air, and dry skin. Bleh. This month I focus on how I keep my skin looking and feeling fresh and hydrated. While these pics are a bit out of the norm for me and my usual glam, this is me. Every day, in real life after I had worked 8 hours. Funny, I am a normal human being after all!
2. Toner: Skintelligence pH Normalizer – sprayed generously all over my face
3. Moisturizer: Cellular Laboratories® De-Aging Body Balm – I am currently applying this twice a day. At night after I have washed my face and then again in the morning. I apply generously ALL over my face and body. I love me a product that I can safely use on my entire body! Let's keep those counters de-cluttered.
3. Cellular Laboratories® De-Aging Eye Creme– Applied with finger tips around eyes
5. Motives Eye Base – applied with flat eye brush all over lid (from brow to lash line)
6. Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Timeless applied all over the lid to set. I also dust lightly with the Motives Shimmer Powder in BOMBSHELL
7. Motives Fiber Lush Mascara applied generously to top & bottom lashes
8. Motives Essential Brow Kit using the darkest shade, applied with a flat eye liner brush I shape the brows ( darken the color using the eye shadow ChocoLight)
9. Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation in Vanilla Cream (mixed in a little Almond) applied with a foundation brush and then I wet our blending sponge with 10 Years Younger Spray and blend it out
10. Motives Long-Wear Liquid Concealer in Medium Light (yellow undertone) Used to cover up dark under eye circles, blending out with the damp blending sponge
11. Motives Translucent Loose Powder in Light , with a tapered fluffy brush I gently set the concealer and T-zone areas
12. Motives 3-n-1 Contour Bronze & Highlight Kit, with an angled contour brush I chisel out my cheeks, nose, tops of my forehead and define my chin line.
13. Motives Pressed Blush in Socialite applied to apples of the cheeks using a blush brush
14. Motives Shimmer Powder in BOMBSHELL applied with a fan brush on high point of my cheek bones. I also use a fluffy eye shadow brush and apply a little directly underneath my brow bone, at the highest point
15. Motives 10 Years Younger Makeup Setting Spray, sprayed generously all over face
16. otives® 40FY® Lip Treatment - applied generously and I carry this with me and re-apply through out the day as needed (you will never find a better lip balm, I promise).
Makeup Artist - Jennifer Halma
The winter months can bring on dry dull skin. We all love and miss the glow of summer right? Well proper exfoliation is key for glowing skin as well as moisturizing so the elements have minimal effect on our largest organ!
My skincare routine to treat the winter blues is tailored to me specifically. I take the skincare analysis twice a year to make sure as the seasons change, my skincare routine is on point!
Cleansing: I use the Lumiere De vie facial cleanser to cleanse the skin of all the days impurities.
Exfoliation: Three times a week, I recommend using an exfoliating mask. I love the Lumiere De Vie volcanic mask. Leave in for 10 minutes and rewet with finger tips and gently polish away dead skin cells revealing a more radiant glow.
Toning: Bring that pH back to allow the treatments to go in deep.
Serum: I love my illuminating fading fluid by Lumiere De Vie. It helps target the hyper pigmentation that the sun rays leave behind.
SPF: Lumiere De Vie Broad Spectrum 50 SPF. Because we still have to protect from the suns rays even through cloudy and cooler weather!
I add the Lumiere De Vie Pore Minimizer, mascara and lipgloss and call it a day when I'm letting my skin take center stage!
Makeup artist - Monina Wright
Biggest challenge my clients have during the Cold winter months is how dehydrated their skin feels. To keep your skin looking fresh and healthy, here are my top suggestions on Winterizing your skin
1. Drink plenty of water. Take your weight and divide in 1/2 to get the amount of water(in ounces) you should drink daily
To hydrate from the inside
2. Holding on to water topically is crucial during the winter months so use Serums and Moisturisers that have water binding ingredients like Hyaluronic acid. My favorite go to serums are Lumiere De Vie FADING FLUID and Lumiere De Vie SERUM CONCENTRATE
3. Peptides help drive serums and Moisturisers deeper in the skin, so I suggest applying my favorite Peptide moisturiser PENTAXYL before your favorite serums.
4. Your skin is your bodies first line of defense, so protecting the Acid Mantle of your skin is necessary to maintain the integrity of your skin. Washing your face strips your skin of its natural acid mantle by reducing the acidity level of your skin, so it's important to return your skin back to its proper pH levels. So I suggest applying the Skintelligence pH balancing toner on even before applying any serums, or moisturizers.
So here is my final steps and look for winterizing your skin on both my model and myself.
1. Spray pH Toner all over face
2. Apply a generous amount of the Pentaxyl to really drive in my serums
3. Massage into your face and neck any serum you prefer, today we used the LDV
4. Final skin prep is to massage in your favorite day moisturizer followed by an SPF lotion.
1. Mattefy your skin while adding a nice hydrating and protective barrier with our Motives FACE PERFECTING PRIMER
2. I then used a synthetic Foundation brush to blend in a Custom Blend Liquid foundation
3. Then with a flat Mineral foundation brush, I set the liquid foundation with a Custom Blend Powder
1. Brushed on 1 coat of our new Fiber Lush Mascara
2. Lala mineral blush to add color to this natural look
3. Smudged on a brown eye shadow on my model's top and lower lashes
(I used the gel liner to open up my eyes)
4. Finished up by staining lips with Mocktail Mattes lip color.